We also provide dental payment plans under MacCredit. Please ask us for more information.
Parking is available at the front of our Traralgon Dentist Clinic for 2 hours and there is a free Multi-storey Car Park (21-25 Seymour Street, Traralgon) across the road which has all day, 3 hour and 2 hour Parking spots available.
Multi-storey Car Park entry is from Hotham Street.
- When you arrive, we’ll ask you to fill out a short medical history form. This ensures we have the necessary information to give you treatment that’s most suitable for you and your health needs. Our friendly staff will be nearby to answer any questions that you might have. Alternatively you can download, print and pre-fill a copy of our medical history form prior to your attendance. Download here.
- Your dentist will meet with you to discuss any needs and concerns before examining your teeth, gums, and jaw. Your teeth will be assessed for signs of decay. If you have any fillings, crowns, or other previous dental work, we’ll also check that they’re still intact and functioning correctly. Other areas that may be examined are the soft tissues of your mouth (such as your tongue and the inside of your cheeks), your bite, salivary glands, and lymph nodes. Essentially, your dentist will be looking for signs of any possible issues that could affect your oral and overall health.
- Depending on your circumstances, we may take radiographs (X-rays) and moulds of your teeth. Everyone is different, and some people may need more attention in certain areas; we’ll explain these steps to you beforehand, keeping you informed throughout the check-up.
- The dentist will explain the results of your assessment and develop a treatment plan for you. We’re always happy to discuss any questions you might have about your treatment plan, so don’t hesitate to ask!
- Your dentist will then professionally clean your teeth. We believe strongly in patient education, so we’ll also discuss oral hygiene techniques and recommend next steps in your oral health journey.
Yes. If your prefer, we can schedule you to see the same dentist every time.
At Valley Gentle Dental, our Traralgon dentist team practices all aspects of dentistry including general dentistry for instance dental exams and clean, and white fillings. We also practise cosmetic dentistry for instance porcelain crowns and teeth whitening. We also offer dental implants and orthodontics. You will also have the option of having your dental procedure performed under sedation.
YES. Medicare Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) started in January 2014 and provides access to benefits for basic dental services for eligible children. The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is paid by Medicare.
The total benefit entitlement is capped at $1000 per child over a two calendar year period. The CDBS is means tested. You can confirm your child’s eligibility and balance amount by calling Medicare on 132 011.
The CDBS provides individual benefits for a range of services including examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot be paid for any services provided in a hospital.
At Valley Gentle Dental we bulk bill eligible children directly with Medicare so that there will be no out of pocket costs at your dentist visit. Please call (03) 5174 8338 to schedule an appointment.
Child Dental Benefits Schedule services will not count towards the Medicare Safety Net threshold.
YES. We are preferred providers for Smile.com.au, HCF More for Teeth and NIB. HCF and NIB are among the providers of best dental insurance for major work in Australia. Whether you are looking for just dental insurance for minor dental work or unlimited dental cover for major dental work or even shortest waiting period for major dental, give them a ring for a quote.
Yes. Health care card holders and pensioner concession card holders are eligible. We accept dental vouchers victoria including Victorian Emergency Dental Scheme (VEDS) and Victorian General Dental Scheme (VGDS) vouchers issued by Latrobe community health Traralgon or Lchs Traralgon, Morwell, Moe and Churchill. Please be aware that there will be a co-payment of $27.50 under the VEDS scheme and a co-payment of $27.50 per visit under the VGDS scheme.
We accept cash, eftpos and all major credit cards.